- Various sizes of ABS pipes
- Clear silicone
- 1/4 inch plywood (ours is 5.5 feet by 3 feet)
- Various ornaments
- Krylon ColorMaster white spray paint
- Glue gun
1. Cut and paint plywood with desired color. For a small fee the plywood can be cut to your desired size at the lumber yard and they also sell plywood by half sheets for a little smaller project (30 inches by 48 inches for the half sheet plywood.)
2. Cut ABS pipes to desired length – ours was 3.5 inches. Our tree has 72 pieces of pipe but number will vary with the pipe sizes and desired tree size.
3. Cut ABS pipe (4 inch diameter) in a 12 inch length and then cut in half on the length for the tree trunk.
4. Spray paint all ABS pipes white.
5. Using FrogTape, create the outline of a Christmas tree on your plywood. Place all ABS pipes in various sizes to fill the outline. Don’t forget to center your tree on your plywood.
6. Glue (with clear silicone) all ABS pipes in place. Take care not to get glue on the tape, this will make it difficult to remove later. Remove the FrogTape once all the pipes have been secured. Let dry one hour.
7. Decorate your tree with your chosen ornaments. Tip: decorate your entire tree prior to gluing any ornaments in place so that you can test out various arrangements. With a glue gun, place ornaments and glue into ABS pipes.
8. VOILA!! Your very own Christmas tree.