Published on May 31, 2017 by Marc & Mandy

Many of us love to shop, but bra shopping is a league of its own. We know it can be quite difficult to find a bra that fits both you and your style, so in this segment, fashion blogger, Jennifer Ashley, shares some tips on how to choose the right piece of lingerie for you.

Tip: Mind Your Wardrobe

The first thing you want to do when bra shopping, is take a moment to consider what kinds of clothing you tend to wear. For example, if you’re a white t-shirt kind of girl, you may want to steer clear of bras with vivid patterns or excessive detailing.

Tip: Know Your Fit

Whether you know your cup size or not, bras from different retailers may fit differently, so it’s important to be able to gauge fit without the help of a measuring tape. Gaping in the cup area is one way to tell that your bra is big for you. If your bra is not flush to your chest, you can attempt to adjust the straps, or simply opt for a smaller size. When it comes to your underwire, the opposite tends to be true. If your underwire is gaping and pulling away from your chest, your bra is probably too small for you, and you should opt for a larger size cup. 

Tip: The Two Finger Trick

So you know how to tell when your bra is too big or too small, but how do you know if the fit is just right? Jennifer recommends the two finger trick. An ideal fitting bra should be able to accommodate two fingers (no more and no less) between the back of the bra brand and your back.

Tip: Be Mindful of Straps

If your bra straps seem to be carrying the bulk of the weight, you may start to notice red marks or indentations on your shoulders. This means your straps are too tight or that your bra isn’t as supported as it should be. In actuality, your bra band should be carrying the bulk of the weight – 90 percent – and your straps should only be bearing the remaining 10 percent.  

Tip: Understand Bra Sizes

Bra sizes typically provide two kinds of information. The letters (A, B, C, D) stand for cup size, while the number (32, 34, 36, 38) stand for band size in inches. 

Category

Add your comment

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.