Here at The Marc and Mandy Show, there’s nothing we love more than a good DIY. In this special fashion-themed episode of The Marc and Mandy Show, Marc and Mandy show viewers how to make a toque and mitts out of an old sweater.
What you’ll need: old sweater, scissors, markers, paper, thread, sewing machine
Toque: Details and instructions
- Trace a half circle in your old sweater of choice. This will be the front of your toque. Trace the exact same shape out again, which will serve as the back of the toque.
- Use a sewing machine to sew the perimeter of the toque halves together, leaving the bottom portion open. If necessary, finish off the seams of bottom portion using a sewing machine as well.
Mittens: Details and instructions
- Cut about half of the sleeves off of your old sweater of choice. You want to make sure you’re using the half of the sleeves that have a finished seam.
- Use your hand to create a mitten stencil. Cut the stencil out and then trace it onto the fabric. Cut the fabric out into a mitten shape, ensuring you leave about a half an inch border around the mittens for sewing.
- Use a sewing machine to sew the perimeter of the mittens together, leaving the cuffs open.
Thanks for tuning in to The Marc and Mandy Show! Leave a comment below, We’d love to hear from you!
Visit for show times and schedules.
Keep in Touch with Us… Everywhere!