Here at The Marc and Mandy Show, there’s not much we love more than a good ‘ol DIY tutorial. In this segment of the show, viewers learn how to create a gorgeous ruffled scarf from an old t-shirt or stencil a plain scarf in a trendy pattern. Keep reading for the step-by-step instructions.
What you’ll need: an old t-shirt, paper plate, chalk, fabric glue, scissors
- Start by laying your shirt down on a flat surface.
- Then, using your paper plate as a stencil, create as many circular outlines as possible on the skirt, using chalk.
- Next, cut the circles out.
- Once you have liberated your fabric circles, use your scissors to cut into your circle about an inch to and inch and a half, then continue with your scissors all around the border of the circle. What you should have now is a circular border, about an inch to an inch and a half in width.
- Continue the above step until you have a bunch of circular borders to work with.
- At this stage, you can begin to glue them together using fabric glue. Continue to glue the ends of the circular borders together until you have something resembled a layered scarf.
For this scarf tutorial and more, check out the video above.