Buying a property is tricky business, especially when you’re dealing with prime locations, such as a waterfront. Today on The Marc and Mandy Show: Q & A With A Pro, award winning real estate broker, Chris Winney shares some expert tips on what to look for when buying a waterfront property.
Q: What should I be looking for when buying a waterfront property?
Chris Winney: Well, I believe that every time you look at a property, you should be prepared to score it. You want to score it on things you cannot change about the property. So, for example:
- How much privacy does it have?
- How accessible is it?
- Do you want it for three seasons or for four? And can you get to the cottage in those seasons?
- What’s it like to get from the cottage to the shoreline?
- Can grandma get there?
- What’s the waterfront like?
- What’s the lake like?
- Are there any lake restrictions?
- Can you do everything your family wants to do on that lake?
- How far is it from home? What’s your travel time?
My suggestion is: if you love a property, go to it at different times of the day and see where the sun is. If you can score everything based on these requirements, you can determine whether that cottage is for you, based on the things you can’t change about it.
Thanks for tuning in to The Marc and Mandy Show! Leave a comment below, We’d love to hear from you!
Visit for show times and schedules.
Keep in Touch with Us… Everywhere!