Halloween is a time for fun and games, but it also tends to go hand-in-hand with wastefulness and overconsumption. In this spooky segment of The Marc and Mandy Show, brought to you by Cuisinart, Linda Peters of Goodies Bake Shop shares a few fun ways to use up leftover Halloween candy.
Recipe: Chocolate Brittle
What you’ll need: leftover chocolate and candy, oil, mixing bowl, baking pan, baking sheet, butter knife
- Start by melting your leftover chocolate bars in the microwave with a little bit of oil. TIP Microwave for 30 seconds at a time, to minimize the chance you will burn it.
- Then, pour it onto a baking pan lined with a baking sheet. Use a butter knife to spread the chocolate around so that it coats the sheet evenly. You can also give the pan a little shake to level out the chocolate.
- Next, distribute your unwanted candy onto the chocolate. Put as much or little as you like.
Recipe: Dipped Chips
What you’ll need: leftover milk chocolate candy bars, oil, small bowl, plain chips
- Melt some leftover milk chocolate candy bars with a little bit of oil in the microwave. Then, dip plain chips into the melted milk chocolate, one by one.
- Top your dipped chips with sprinkles OR sea salt.
This segment was brought to you by Cuisinart.