Today on The Marc and Mandy Show, NHL Chef Robert Bartley shares a mouthwatering recipe for Sports Bar Grilled Cheese Hotdogs. It’s exactly what it sounds like and it tastes absolutely amazing.
What you’ll need: 4 foot-long hotdogs, 4 foot-long hotdog buns, 12 slices of cheddar cheese, 1 onion (diced and sautéed), 1 tbsp whole butter, 2 tbsp sweet mustard, 3/4 clarified butter, 8 slices of kosher dill pickle
- To start this recipe off, split each hotdog down the middle. Grill the butterfly cut hotdogs in a non-stick pan until it begins to change color. Remove from heat and put aside.
- Next, open up your hotdog buns and flip them upside down.
- At this stage, you can begin to layer slices of cheddar cheese on the bun. Place the hotdog on top.
- Next, sauté your onions and mix in some sweet mustard. You can distribute the onion and sweet mustard combination on top of the bun, cheese, and hotdog.
- Top it off with a few more slices of cheddar cheese as well as the other side of the hotdog bun.
- Finally, add some butter to a medium-high heat pan, and fry your grilled cheese hotdog on both sides to your desired crispiness. TIP Use your hands or a spatula to press down on the grilled cheese as it’s cooking in the pan.
- Plate and enjoy!
Thanks for tuning in to The Marc and Mandy Show! Leave a comment below, We’d love to hear from you!
Visit for show times and schedules.
Keep in Touch with Us… Everywhere!