Besides stocking up on eggnog, mistletoe, and wrapping paper for the holiday season, you may also need to stock up on the extra trimmings for all the festive fetes. Think: cascading earrings, glittering clutch bags, and shoes with serious shimmer.
To help you get your sparkle on this season, David’s Bridal Canada, a leading special occasion authority, has put together a list of the top holiday trends to make sure your dress isn’t the only thing that stands out in the crowd:
- Twinkle, twinkle you’re the star: We don’t usually need an excuse to douse ourselves in twinkling jewels, and the holidays are the perfect time to get decked out in our finest. This year, trade in body-hugging cocktail dresses for evening wear in long, flowing chiffon, mesh and jersey fabrications with alternate necklines and beading. Holiday sparkle is dominant in accessories like embellished shoes and glittering handbags.
- Lush lace: A must-have for the season. For starters, try styles featuring a simple lace neckline or cap-sleeved shoulders. For veteran lace lovers, go with all-over lace embellished with sparkle, or atop a more neutral, nude fabric.
- Sleeves spice things up: Switch from strapless styles to sleeves. Cap, long, and illusion sleeves are heating up the winter as the new go-to trend.
- Embrace the “highs and lows”: Can’t decide between short and long? Why not try both? The hi-lo hemline is the perfect compromise for any cocktail party or a formal soiree.
- Toast to the perfect finishing touches: To stand out in a crowd, be sure to wear bedazzled shoes in deep jewel tones or cascading earrings. If you are looking for more subtle accessories, opt for glittering clutches in either silver or gold, as both work well this holiday season.
Visit davidsbridal.ca for more holiday inspiration.