For parents who have recently welcomed a newborn into their family, combining baby duties and seasonal commitments requires some balancing work, but with some advanced preparation it can help to reduce holiday stress.
From family get-togethers to festive events of all kinds, Playtex Infant offers five ways to save time and avoid stress while navigating life with a newborn:
• Be schedule smart – As difficult as it may be to decline holiday invitations, be realistic with your plans and avoid committing yourself to more than you can handle. Just getting out of the house with a newborn can be a feat. Schedule extra time to get ready for holiday events – and to recover from them.
• Host strategically – In situations where you are the host, invite your guests over during non-meal times. This way, you can serve your guests simple-to-make appetizers and snacks rather than elaborate meals that require time you simply don’t have to spare. If you can’t avoid this, suggest hosting a potluck to share the work load.
• Shop online – With many retailers now available online, there is little need to spend time in stores. Skip the large crowds and long lines, and shop from the comfort of your home instead.
• Choose freezer-friendly meals – From desserts to mains, be prepared for all of your holiday commitments with a freezer full of dishes you made, or purchased, ahead of time. Simply pop into the oven once needed and enjoy.
• Be travel-ready – Whether it is to visit out of town relatives, or just get across town to a party, traveling during the holidays is inevitable. If packing for a newborn isn’t tricky enough, handling dirty diapers while on the go certainly is. The Playtex Diaper Genie Portable Diaper Bag Dispenser can be clipped on a diaper bag or stroller for easy access and helps seal diapers in baggies until a suitable disposal is found.
More information is available online at www.playtexmommyville.ca.