In this segment of The Marc and Mandy Show, Chef Giulia Lombardo shares her delicious yet simple recipe for black forest chocolate mousse: a dessert that is sure to impress and leave everyone wanting more.
What you’ll need: (for chocolate mousse)
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 heavy cream
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate (melted)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
(for cherry sauce)
- 5 cups cherries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Start off this recipe by combining four egg yolks into a saucepan, followed by 3 tablespoons of white sugar and 3/4 of a cup of whipping cream. These ingredients will make up the base of your mousse. Let the base simmer for about three to four minutes, on low heat, until the mixture thickens up.
- Next, you can add eight ounces of bittersweet chocolate into a bowl and melt it. Once your mousse base is done simmering, you can add it to your bowl of melted chocolate. Mix everything together well, then let it cool down.
- At this stage, you can begin to create your cherry compote. In a sauté pan, on medium heat, add 1/4 cup of sugar and 5 cups of cherries. Allow the sugar and cherries to sit on the heat for long enough to form a syrup.
- Finally, you can finish off the mousse by folding your whipping cream into your chocolate mixture. TIP Fold gently and avoid over-mixing. Over-mixing will cause your mousse to lose the light and fluffy texture.
- Now you can begin to add your mousse into individual serving bowls or glasses. Let these set in the fridge for at least 20 minutes. Once the mousse has set, layer your cherry compote over top, garnish with chocolate shavings, and enjoy!