For this segment of The Marc and Mandy Show, Chef Rob Thomas shows viewers how to prepare a delicious chicken for the holidays. Keep reading for step-by-step instructions on recreating his Dry Brined Maple Glazed Chicken.
What you’ll need:
- a whole chicken
- extra course salt
- course salt
- olive oil
- kinsip whiskey barrel-aged maple syrup
- First, create your dry brine. Do this by combining your extra course salt and your course salt into a food processor. Add some sage, rosemary, and thyme in with the salt and blend it all up.
- Next, use your brine to marinade the chicken in the fridge for at least 12 hours.
- Once you’ve let the chicken marinade, you can prep your pan to cook. Add a little bit of oil and a little bit of butter into a cast iron pan, let it heat, and then put the chicken into the pan. If you’re whipping up any accompanying vegetables, you can add those into the pan as well.
- Next, drizzle the kinsip whiskey barrel-aged maple syrup over top of your chicken and veggies in the hot pan.
- Then, put the entire pan into the oven for 30 – 40 minutes, serve, and enjoy!