No matter your gender, it can be a blessing to have a space of your very own, dedicated to your own hobbies and interests. On this segment of The Marc and Mandy Show, Garth McDaniel shows a tour of his favorite project: an amazing man cave. Keep reading for the highlights of the tour.
Garth McDaniel: Hi Marc and Mandy, today we’d like to show you one of our favorite projects. It’s a basement that won best basement development and is every man’s dream. Come on in, let’s have a look! This home went through a massive renovation by the experts from Allenbrook Homes, and it was the basement where the homeowners wanted to create something really special: a sprawling man cave.
- The neutral walls and carpeting command a welcoming, calm atmosphere, with flush mounted pot lights in the ceiling and led lighting built right into the bar itself.
- The spacious open-concept layout features a variety of sports memorabilia.
- The home theater area is a high-tech haven showcasing a giant screen and ceiling mounted projector with a hidden surround-sound speaker system enjoyed from the comfort of a leather couch.
- On the other side of the basement is a sensational seating area, offering an eye-catching pop of color, incorporating a two-sided brick fireplace with a floating concrete hearth and mantel.
- Next to this lounge is the billiards and gaming area. The focal point’s a pool table with plenty of elbow room around it for maximum playability.
- There’s a barista-style seating area with bar stools boasting a TV for watching a show or playing video games. And no man cave is complete without a dart board.
- And finally, let’s talk about the bar. Constructed of a stunning cherry mid-century modern millwork, featuring a dark gray tile floor with matching backsplash black and chrome bar stools, steel countertop, and fixtures with LED lights, showcasing the homeowner’s vast collection of beverages. Down here, happy hour takes place every night of the week. The bar comes equipped with refrigerated beer lines, a glass rinse, and a drip tray. We added stainless steel countertop with seamless welded sink.
What better way to unwind after a long hard work week than having some cold beers and playing pool with some friends? I hope this basement has inspired you to be creative when you design your new basement development.
Thanks for tuning in to The Marc and Mandy Show! Leave a comment below, We’d love to hear from you!
Visit marcandmandy.com for show times and schedules.
Keep in Touch with Us… Everywhere!