In this segment of The Marc and Mandy Show: Do-It-Yourself, Marc and Mandy show how to make an easy DIY bird feeder with up-cycled old pots.
What you’ll need: two pot lids or pie tins, a planter, a chain, a drill, silicon, nails
- Start this DIY with an old pot lid. You can also use a pie tin. Use your drill to make a hole in the bottom of the lid, right at the centre. This will be where you will thread your chain into.
- Guide your chain through the hole in the bottom of the pot lid. Use a single nail to brace the chain on the bottom and keep it from slipping through.
- Next, drill holes around the base of your planter. Make sure you are drilling the holes big enough for whatever type of bird seed you will be putting in the planter.
- Now you can use silicon to fasten the bottom of your planter or plant pot to one of your pot lids.
- Next, drill a hole in your second pot lid or pie tin, place it on top of your pot, and run the same chain that you ran through the bottom of your planter through the second lid.
- Fill your planter with bird seeds of your choice, hang your bird feeder outside, and enjoy!
Thanks for tuning in to The Marc and Mandy Show! Leave a comment below, We’d love to hear from you!
Visit marcandmandy.com for show times and schedules.
Keep in Touch with Us… Everywhere!