Here at The Marc and Mandy Show, there’s nothing we love more than a good DIY project. In this do-it-yourself-themed segment of The Marc and Mandy Show, Marc and Mandy show viewers how to refresh an old dresser with white paint and gold accents.
What you’ll need: an outdated and worn down piece of furniture, paint, sealant, new hardware (optional), furniture legs (optional)
- Remove any hardware that’s already on the furniture piece.
- Sand down your furniture piece until smooth.
- Once you’ve removed old paint and finishing by sanding, you can begin to paint the item. You may need more than one coat of paint in order to get full coverage.
- Once the paint has dried, apply a sealant on top.
- If the original hardware is in good condition and you’d like to use, you can reinstall it once the sealant has completely dried. You can also purchase and install new hardware, or use hardware from another furniture piece. TIP If you’d like to give the furniture piece additional height, add furniture legs. You can purchase legs at your local hardware store or online, repurpose legs from another furniture piece, or construct your own.
Thanks for tuning in to The Marc and Mandy Show! Leave a comment below, We’d love to hear from you!
Visit marcandmandy.com for show times and schedules.
Keep in Touch with Us… Everywhere!