Here are a few tips and tricks from a team of licensed and registered therapist that can help minimize the overwhelming feelings of stress and anxiety that follows us through the holidays. With a little help from licensed professionals we hope you will find these tips useful!
1. Acknowledge your emotions.
2. Pause with breath work (i.e. Box breathing 4x4x4x4.)
3. Reframe and regain your focus.
4. Focus on the things you can do and have control over.
5. Be Patient with yourself.
6. Ask for help and accept help.
7. Talk to a friend.
8. Take a break.
9. Make time for yourself, even if it’s 5 minutes.
10. Say no if you can’t do more and set healthy boundaries respectfully.
11. Go to sleep on time.
If you find yourself still feeling overwhelmed then it might be time to talk to a licensed therapist. At Heartsbloom, we can help you understand and process your emotions that showed up during the holidays in a safe and welcoming environment. Get in touch with us today! www.heartsbloom.com