In this segment of The Marc and Mandy Show, Marc and Mandy discuss if parents should be friends with their kids. To hear what Marc and Mandy have to say, tune into the video above or keep reading to learn about the importance of setting boundaries with your kids (and how to do so).
The importance of setting boundaries with your children:
- Boundaries show children what is right and wrong.
- Boundaries can help children to eventually become self-disciplined.
- Boundaries help to keep children safe and healthy.
- Boundaries show your children you care about them.
- Boundaries will aid your relationship with your children in the short- and long-term.
How to set boundaries with your children:
- Establish good communication with your children and communicate regularly.
- Set rules for the whole family and create those rules together.
- Have weekly family meetings to discuss how your children are feeling.
- Validate children for respecting boundaries.
- Be consistent and firm when it comes to boundaries.
- If your child breaks a boundary, sit down and have a conversation with them about why the boundary is important and what they can do differently in the future.
Thanks for tuning in to The Marc and Mandy Show! Leave a comment below, We’d love to hear from you!
Visit marcandmandy.com for show times and schedules.
Keep in Touch with Us… Everywhere!