A tomahawk steak, also known as a cowboy steak, is a cut of beef ribeye that has five or more inches of extra rib bone for presentation purposes. It’s called a “tomahawk” cut because the steak with the long bone resembles a single-handed axe. In this special food-themed episode of The Marc and Mandy Show: Cooking On The Road, Sarah Boechler shares how to make an amazing tomahawk steak. This segment is brought to you by Westview Co-op.
What you’ll need: tomahawk steak, olive oil, salt, pepper, asparagus, parmesan cheese, garlic cloves, Jenny’s Delectable Gourmet Stuff’d Potato
Details and instructions:
- Prep your steak by brushing it with olive oil
- Season it with salt and pepper
- Since this meat is bone-in, a reverse sear method is recommended. A reverse sear involves cooking your meat on low heat for a long period of time, with a quick sear on high heat to finish. You can do this in a cast iron pan or on an outdoor grill. Cook until your desired readiness.
- Transfer the steak to a baking sheet and let it rest for five to ten minutes before slicing and serving.
- This dish is best served with a simple side dish, such as Jenny’s Delectable Gourmet Stuff’d Potato.
Thanks for tuning in to The Marc and Mandy Show! Leave a comment below, We’d love to hear from you!
Visit marcandmandy.com for show times and schedules.
Keep in Touch with Us… Everywhere!