- Create a focal point for the outside of your home. This is often a fancier door.
- Use simple colours on the exterior of your house. You can add in interest with accent colours through your gardening. Shades of brown or gray are great options.
- Follow the theme you set. If you choose to go a more classic route, make sure you follow through all the way from the colours to the light fixtures.
- Invest in quality urns to place beside your door as this adds a dash of personality to your home. These are great because you can change them around for different occasions.
- Use patio stones for your front yard instead of concrete pads as concrete will crack over time.
- Add one final bit of personality by choosing a doormat that suits you. A doormat can be changed around from season to season or from year to year.