With Father’s Day right around the corner, you might be wondering what to get dad to show him how much you love and appreciate him. Fortunately for those of us who are homebound, the best gifts tend to be homemade. In this episode of The Marc and Mandy Show, Mandy learns how to make a Father’s Day shirt card with some help from DIY expert Anita Recksiedler. To see exactly how this DIY is done, check out the video above. You can also keep reading for the written step-by-step instructions.
DIY required items: 8.5″ by 11″ construction paper, glue gun, buttons, scissors, gift bags
DIY details and instructions:
- Start this DIY off with a piece of construction paper. Fold it in half length-wise and then open it up.
- At this point, your paper should have a crease down the middle of the sheet. Next, fold each side of the paper to meet the middle crease.TIP Use a ruler or a butter knife to make sure your creases are as crisp and defined as possible.
- To create the lapel, fold each of the bottom corners away from the middle crease, to create two identical triangles.
- Next, turn your paper over and fold about an inch of the top portion down.
- Flip your paper over again. Now, fold the two top corners towards the middle crease, creating another two identical triangle shapes. This will form the collar.
- Once your card is complete, add some buttons using a glue gun and accessorize your creation with a bowtie, a regular tie, a pocket, or whatever you so desire.
- Use your DIY Dad Card to store a heartfelt note, a sentimental photograph, or a gift card to dad’s favorite store or restaurant.
Thanks for tuning in to The Marc and Mandy Show! Leave a comment below, We’d love to hear from you!
Visit for show times and schedules.
Keep in Touch with Us… Everywhere!