Jewelry is a girl’s best friend, but sadly, not everyone has the budget to supplement their jewelry collection regularly. Thankfully, there are plenty of ways to make your own jewelry pieces using inexpensive materials. In this segment of The Marc and Mandy Show: Crafty Ideas, DIY Expert Anita Recksiedler shows Mandy how to make DIY tassels, which can then be fasted to earrings hooks or hoops for under a dollar for each earring. Check out the video above or keep reading for the step-by-step instructions.
What you’ll need: embroidery floss, cardboard or paper, scissors, and earrings hooks or hoops
Details and instructions:
- Start by cutting a piece of cardboard or a stiff piece of paper into a small piece, about 3.5 inches width.
- Use a piece of tape to secure the embroidery floss to one end of the cardboard and then star wrapping the embroidery floss around the paper.
- Keep wrapping until you have covered a few inches of your cardboard with embroidery floss. Then, cut the embroidery floss.
- Next, cut another piece of embroidery floss. Loop this piece through your wrapped embroidery floss and use it to the wrapped embroidery floss together using a knot. Then, pull the embroidery floss off of the cardboard.
- Next, fasten all of your embroidery floss at one end using embroidery floss of the same or different color. You can also cut the other end of the collection of threads.
- At this point, you should have something that resembles a tassel. You can now create more tassels and/or fasten the tassels to earring hooks or hoops of your choosing.
Thanks for tuning in to The Marc and Mandy Show! Leave a comment below, We’d love to hear from you!
Visit marcandmandy.com for show times and schedules.
Keep in Touch with Us… Everywhere!