In this episode of The Marc and Mandy Show, Evelyn Eshun does a double-take with a reading nook at . Check out the video above to find out more about the design of this particular reading nook or keep reading for some reading nook design tips we recommend.
How to: design your very own reading nook
- Incorporate soft materials, such as faux fur, velvet, silk satin, and cotton linen.
- Add lots of texture-heavy elements, such as fluffy throw pillows and a fleecy blanket.
- Ensure you have plenty of light, be that natural light or lighting fixtures.
- Add pops of color, such as blue, which has been known to cultivate feelings of calm and concentration.
- Decorate with plenty of patterns, textures, and colors that make you feel elated and excited.
- Incorporate personalized decor, such as family photos or momentos from a past vacation.
- A comfy chair to settling into is important in a reading nook, but just as important is a small side table to keep you books, reading glasses, and perhaps a snack and a warm drink on. An ottoman or foot stool is also a great touch that you’ll thank yourself for later.
- If you have the space, install a small shelf or a set of shelves adjacent to your reading nook. This way you can keep the space neat and organized.
Sunpan carries an exclusive collection of handcrafted rugs, designed to provide comfort and versatility.
Intricate knots, weaves, and patterns are brought to life by skilled artisans for truly one-of-a-kind pieces. To learn more, visit the website.
Thanks for tuning in to The Marc and Mandy Show! Leave a comment below, We’d love to hear from you!
Visit for show times and schedules.
Keep in Touch with Us… Everywhere!