It’s cottage season, and that means it’s also grilling season! In this segment of The Marc and Mandy Show, Chef Rob Thomas shows Mandy how to make a dish that’s sweet, savoury, and spicy: grilled pineapple Pico De Gallo. Check out the video above or keep reading for the full recipe and instructions.
Ingredients: pineapple, tomato, jalepenos, cilantro, onion, lime
- Start off this recipe by prepping your ingredients. Remove the crown and skin of the pineapple and cut it into slices. You can also remove the core.
- Next, place your pineapple slices onto a hot grill and flip it after a few minutes. Let each side grill until you get some grill marks on both sides. EXPERT TIPIf you place your pineapple on the grill and there’s no sizzle, it’s not hot enough.
- Once your pineapple slices are done grilling and have cooled a little, you can dice it up.
- Next, dice up your tomato, jalepeno, and onion, and chop up some cilantro.
- Add your chopped pineapple in a mixing bowl, followed up with tomato, jalepeno, onion, and cilantro.
- Finally, for some acidity, squeeze some fresh lime over your bowl.
- Plate and enjoy!
About Chef Rob Thomas:
Chef Rob Thomas is a highly skilled, intuitive, and creative chef. He creates cuisine that is modern but traditional, flavourful, fresh, and globally-inspired. He aims to connect people, communities, and the world with shared culinary experiences. To learn more, visit Chef Rob Thomas‘ website.