Should the groom see the bride before the wedding? On this episode of The Marc and Mandy Show, Marc and Mandy weigh in. Check out the video above to hear what they have to say or keep reading for tips (do’s and don’t’s) on pulling off the perfect big day.
- Have backup plans in place for things like officiants and music. This is particularly important if you’re having your wedding in the wintertime or in a remote location that is difficult to get to.
- Make up a written itinerary and share it with the bridal party. Make sure to have a meeting before the wedding to discuss the wedding schedule to better ensure it goes off without a hitch.
- Schedule extra time for private photos, as well as group photos.
- Try to tackle it all on your own. If you can’t afford or don’t want a planner, enlist the help of trusted friends and family and delegate tasks to them. This is especially important on the day of your wedding, because you want to be able to enjoy your big day and not spend the time coordinating and stressing out.
- Underestimate how long it will take to do hair and makeup. Make sure to make up a schedule of all the girls who will need hair and makeup. Make sure to set extra time for the bride.
- Don’t wait too long to cut the cake. Try to do it after dinner so that guests don’t leave before it happens and everybody can enjoy before they hit the dance floor.