On this episode of The Marc and Mandy Show, Marc and Mandy tell of how Marc proposed to Mandy. Check out the video above to learn about Marc’s proposal or keep reading for tips (including do’s and don’t’s) on pulling off a perfect engagement day.
- Talk to your SO beforehand about marriage. It’s important to be sure that they’re actually in a place in their life where they want to get married.
- Plan your proposal out well in advance. You can bounce ideas off of someone you trust to make sure there are no holes in your plan.
- Hire a photographer to capture the moment. Have him or her hide out of sight so that they don’t ruin the element of surprise.
- Have a backup plan just in case.
- Let the secret slip to too many people beforehand. You want the moment to be a surprise and to come from you and not a friend or family member.
- Avoid a proposal idea that’s trendy or cliche. (Think flashmobs.) Instead aim for something personal and meaningful.
- Don’t overshare on social media. Let the moment be private for you and your SO until you’ve discussed when and how to tell friends and family together.