Kitchen Design Tour
Here at The Marc and Mandy Show, there’s nothing we love more than a good home tour. In this Home Tour segment, Sandra Nash of Making a Scene with Tetiana Paratchuk of Kitchen Land tours an open-concept kitchen with stylish counter top and back splash. To learn more about these important kitchen features, check out the video above, or keep reading for some tips on choosing your backsplash.
Why do you need a backsplash?
A backsplash is a vertical extension to a counter. It’s purpose is to protect the wall from unintended splashes of water and subsequent damage.
Picking a Kitchen Backsplash:
- To determine the square footage of tile you’ll need for your backsplash, multiply the width by the height of the wall.
- To be on the safe side, account for an extra ten percent of tile.
- If you’re aiming for some elaborate design elements, consider the highest impact areas: the space above the range and above the sink
- For a contemporary look, extend the backsplash tiling to wrap around the room.
- Ceramic is durable, easy to clean and low cost. Opt for ceramic over glass or natural stone.
- Don’t forget to invest in your grout! The grout is the backbone of your backsplash.
About Kitchen Land:
Family owned and operated, Kitchen Land is the Premier GTA Custom Kitchen & Installation Provider. They offer free custom kitchen & installation quote anywhere in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). To learn more, visit the Kitchen Land website.
Thanks for tuning in to The Marc and Mandy Show! Leave a comment below, We’d love to hear from you!
Visit marcandmandy.com for show times and schedules.
Keep in Touch with Us… Everywhere!