How to save money on your heating bill is a pretty hotly debated topic. In this episode of The Marc and Mandy Show, Wayne Homer gives tips to save money when heating your home. If you want to learn more, check out the video above or keep reading for some tips we recommend for saving on your utility bills.
- Use a lower thermostat setting or a programmable thermostat
- Seal your windows
- Seal off your chimney if you find you don’t get much use out of it
- Seal around and insulate your heating duct
- Seal off other areas where you might be losing heat, such as where wires and cables enter your house, around electrical outlets, and gaps around pipes, wires, and vents
- Employ humidifiers, which can reduce your heating costs because moist air retains heat better than dry air.
- Use fans on low to circulate air and force heat to rise
- Shower with your bathroom door open so that the warm steam circulates into your home
- Turn down the thermostat on your water heater
Thanks for tuning in to The Marc and Mandy Show! Leave a comment below, We’d love to hear from you!
Visit for show times and schedules.
Keep in Touch with Us… Everywhere!