On this special and snowy episode of The Marc and Mandy Show, Mandy shares with Marc her New Year’s resolution: decluttering her life. To hear about Mandy’s experience setting and keeping this important New Year’s resolution, check out the video above. For some tips on decluttering your life and keeping your resolutions, keep reading.
How To: Declutter Your Life
- Making a list is the best way to start your decluttering project without actually starting it. Breaking down your decluttering projects into steps is a great way to approach what can be a daunting process.
- If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the prospect of decluttering, try breaking it down into more manageable chunks. If you’re decluttering your closet, for instance, reserve one day to sort through hanged clothes and another to sort through folded clothes, etc. If you’re still feeling overwhelmed, start with the smallest task first and go from there.
- Decluttering doesn’t just have to do with your closet. Consider doing an electronic detox by organizing your email inbox and computer desktop. You can also go through your phone and delete old contacts and time-wasting apps.
How To: Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions
- Talk about your resolutions with other people to help keep yourself accountable. If you tend to be more private, write your resolutions down in a place where you will see them frequently.
- Speaking of writing things down, make sure you are tracking your progress, including your triumphs and pitfalls. This will help you to keep your focus on the resolution at hand.
- Persistence is key. Did you know that it takes about 21 days for a new activity to become a habit and six months for it to become part of your personality?
- Be realistic with yourself and what you can reasonably achieve given your lifestyle and tendencies. Setting unattainable goals will just end up discouraging you.
Thanks for tuning in to The Marc and Mandy Show! Leave a comment below, We’d love to hear from you!
Visit for show times and schedules.
Keep in Touch with Us… Everywhere!