Dating can be exciting and scary all at once. You meet someone new, there’s an instant attraction and you have a great time together but no one is perfect! Here are some red flags that you really shouldn’t be ignoring, no matter how perfect your partner may seem!
1) They Basically Ignore You or Never have Time: Yes, everyone has a life and it can get busy sometimes; nothing wrong with that. If you try to make plans and even plan things well ahead of time but you ‘re only getting a phone call once a week after 10 pm; Red Flag! You are a Booty Call darling! Leave them alone.
2) They Never Initiate Dates: Being pursued is awesome! Definitely make it known that you are down for hanging out but if you are the only one initiating anything then they are not that interested. If someone wants to be with you, they will make an effort.
3) They Love to Call but You Rarely See Them: They love blowing up your phone with sweet messages and phone calls but when you try to get an actual date, it stops or they have excuses. You are “dating” a commitment-phobe. Move on!
4) Your Person Takes a Long Time (Days Maybe) To Respond To a Text: You would like to know if a reservation is for 8 or 9 and don’t get a response for two days? Life is busy, we get that, but if this happens a lot, Mr. or Mrs. Seems Right is more than likely playing games.
5) If They are Down for Sexting but Take Forever: They may send you really personal pics all day and its possible you both are enjoying it. You may have their full attention while sending sexy messages but then you ask them a quick question and they don’t respond for 4 days; you are a cell phone booty call!
6) They Say They Didn’t Get the Text: It’s totally normal to forget and not respond every once in awhile. We are human after all! Cell phones may mess up once in a while but if you’re constantly hearing “I didn’t get it”, they’re probably lying! Drop them like a bad cell phone plan.
7) You Catch Them in a Lie Really Early into the Relationship: I know in the beginning, with everything being fresh and new, it’s easy to overlook obvious signs of dishonest behavior and make excuses for dishonesty because “they’re just trying to make a good impression”. If you partner is dishonest to impress you in the beginning, it is likely they will be dishonest in order to keep you in the future. Honesty is the best policy!
8) You End Up ALWAYS Having to Pay: It’s ok to go dutch, really it is. It’s also ok to treat your new partner but if you are the only one paying for anything; Red Flag! You got yourself a cheapskate and a miser and this will cause problems later on.
9) They Never Plan a Date: If their nights consist of Netflix marathons or they rarely see the need to leave the house, you may have a “stage 5 clinger” on your hands.
10) They Don’t Ask Questions: This is a major red flag. If they don’t ask you questions and don’t let you get a word in edge wise, they are self centered and interested only in themselves. Kick ‘em to the curb, don’t even waste your time.