1. Wrap different types of tape around an empty water bottle. If something breaks, rips or tears, you have tape on hand for a quick fix. Include duct tape, masking tape and electrical tape for a good selection.
2. Turn an old laundry detergent container into a hand-washing station. Clean the container well. Add a few drops of your favourite hand soap and fill with water. Choose a container with a spout to easily dispense water as needed.
3. Tortilla chips made fantastic kindling when you are in a bind.
4. Sage makes a natural bug repellent. Bring a few small bundles with you and throw on in the campfire to keep mosquitos and other pests at bay.
5. Pre-crack eggs into an empty water bottle so you don’t have to worry about them breaking while you’re traveling. Make sure to label the bottle so no one drinks it and keep it in a cooler so it stays fresh.
6. Use straws to bring small portions of spices with instead of bringing the whole bottle. Seal on end of the straw, pour in the spices and then seal the other end. Tape works well for sealing the ends.