This summer, spend less time cleaning and more time enjoying your favorite summer activities! The experts at Domestic Diva Cleaning Co. Share 6 tips to streamline your household chores this summer.
1. CREATE A SCHEDULE/ROUTINE. Set aside 30 minutes every day, either in the morning before your day starts or in the evening before you go to bed, or both (whatever works for you). Use this time to do a quick tidy and put away things that are out of place, empty and reload the dishwasher, wipe the bathroom and kitchen counters, and vacuum the floors in high traffic areas.
2. SET UP A “WASH AREA” in your mudroom, garage, or even by the back patio door, so sand, dirt, and grass don’t get dragged through your house and into clean bedding!
3. DO ONE LOAD OF LAUNDRY EACH DAY, including rotating bedroom sheets and towels (and actually put it away). This will eliminate the need to spend a gorgeous sunny Saturday doing seven loads of laundry.
4. MINIMIZE DUST Start by changing your furnace/air conditioning filters. Next, stop your ceiling fans, clean them and turn back on in the reverse direction so they push down clean fresh air. Finally, wash your window screens for when you start opening your windows for the summer breeze! This will eliminate dust build up in your home so you no longer need to swiffer/wipe your surfaces daily.
5. ELIMINATE UNWANTED SUMMER SMELLS by emptying your garbage cans more frequently than normal. Use an odour eliminating product such as Domestic Divas Cleaning Co. Fabric Refresher or Pet Scent Buster to wipe out the bin between garbage changes to keep things fresh.
6. BONUS TIP: Hire Domestic Divas Cleaning Co. to do weekly cleaning services so you can enjoy the sunshine and leave the cleaning to us!