Do you want to get into shape, but don’t know where to start? In this episode of The Marc and Mandy Show: Try This, Fitness Expert Tyler Therrien shares a leg exercise to do with dumbbells.
What you’ll need: two dumbbells.
How to perform the exercise:
- Start by picking up the dumbbells from a one-knee position. Hold one dumbbell in each hand, ensuring that you lift the dumbbells straight up.
- Once you are in a standing position, with your feet firmly planted on the ground, place one foot forward and bring the other foot back so that your toe is pressing on the ground.
- Now, lower your body down, keeping your back straight. Your back knee should eventually be resting on the ground and your front leg should be at a 90 degree angle.
- Next, come back up, pressing your front foot firmly into the ground, and straightening your back leg.
- As you repeat this up and down motion, ensure you are keeping the tension on the glute and the hamstring, as well as the quad. You should be flexing the glute, hamstring, and quad at the same time. This will work your entire leg and get a nice tone all around the leg.
It is important to observe proper form when performing any kind of exercise. To ensure you are doing this exercise correctly, as per our Fitness Expert Tyler, watch the video above.
Thanks for tuning in to The Marc and Mandy Show! Leave a comment below, We’d love to hear from you!
Visit for show times and schedules.
Keep in Touch with Us… Everywhere!