Whether you’re a new mom or dad or are simply new to the world of second hand clothing, you’ve come to the right place! In this special fashion themed episode of The Marc and Mandy Show, Sara Allen gives tips for new moms shopping second hand clothing.
- Always join the loyalty program. This will ensure you know about sales, events, and deals. Knowing about sales, events, and deals early could help you to plan and use your time more effectively when shopping. This can be a godsend especially if you’re planning on bringing your little one(s) shopping with you.
- Always shop ahead. This means planning for your little one’s next size up. By starting to look for items early, you can ensure you have the time to shop for the best item and the best deal.
- Never forgo the basics. In other words: bodysuits and sleepers. Don’t forget to stock up on “in case” wear, such as a rain jacket and boots.
- Make a list. Thrifting is not so unlike going to the grocery store. You should go in with a plan of what you need so you don’t forget anything. Before you thrift, make a physical list or a list on your smartphone.
- Dress like it’s boxing day. Depending on where you’re thrifting, you may not have access to a dressing room. Even there are rooms available, the lineups might be long. Get ahead of this by dressing in something formfitting, such as biker shorts or leggings. This way, if there aren’t fitting rooms available, you can simply try your finds on over top of your clothes.
- Sell your old clothes. Consignment stores in particular will have the option for you to sell your gently worn items in return for shopping credit. This is a great way to contribute to the consignment system and give your old clothing a new life.