With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, you might be on the hunt for something yummy to cook for the special someone in your life—because nothing says romance like a home-cooked meal. In this episode of The Marc and Mandy Show, Marc and Mandy show viewers how to make Heart Beet Ravioli for the ‘heart-beat’ of your life. Check out the video above to learn how to recreate this recipe or keep reading for the written instructions
Ingredients: butter, shallots, garlic, beet puree pasta dough, flour, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, thyme, egg whites
- Start off this recipe by heating a non-stick pan. Once your pan is hot, add in your butter, garlic, and shallots. Let it melt down and saute. Once it’s all melted, add some fresh thyme to your sauce.
- Next, cut up your beet puree pasta dough into three smaller portions. Then begin rolling them out with a rolling pin over some flour.
- Once you’ve rolled your dough out nice and thin, use your heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out your ravioli pieces. While you do this, boil a pot of water.
- To create the ricotta filling, combine ricotta, parmesan, and a bit of fresh thyme. Use a spoon to place a dollop of the ricotta filling onto your dough-shaped hearts.
- Next, use your egg wash to create a border around the ricotta filling. The egg wash will serve as a seal when you place your second layer of heart-shaped dough over top of your ricotta.
- Finally, drop your heart-shaped raviolis into the boiling water, boil for ten minutes, and drain the water.
- Now, you can plate your pasta and enjoy. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Thanks for tuning in to The Marc and Mandy Show! Leave a comment below, We’d love to hear from you!
Visit for show times and schedules.
Keep in Touch with Us… Everywhere!