Amidst the daily grind of work, family, and other responsibilities, it can tough to keep romance on the mind. But when you’re on vacation, things can get on the steamy side. In that spirit, this episode of The Marc and Mandy Show features Relationship Expert Vickie Gower. Today, Mandy chats with Vickie about how to bring the vacation ‘fun-times’ home with your partner.
Q: Why does vacation sex seem better?
Vickie Gower: First of all, let’s talk about our regular days. So you’re running around in the morning, and then you’re hauling all of the kids into the car, and you’re dropping them off at school. Then you realize you’re running low on gas and you forgot your purse at home. Now you’re late for work. Finally, you make it to work, albeit 20 minutes late) and you get a text from your partner:
“Maybe later? ;)”
At this point, the last thing on your mind is intimacy.
So now, let’s talk about a typical day on a vacation. Maybe you get to sleep in, maybe you’ll order breakfast to the room, you feel a gentle breeze drifting through the balcony door, you smell the ocean air, and you hear the waves lapping on the shore—in short: you feel relaxed. At that point, intimacy seems a lot more natural and appealing.
Q: So how do you recreate vacation intimacy at home?
VG: I want to help people realize that you can recreate your vacation at home, in the name of intimacy. Here’s how:
- Pulling out photographs and other memorabilia that will remind you of happy or romantic memories from your last vacation.
- Turn up the heat, literally.
- Once you’ve cranked up the thermostat, ensure you are dressing the part, in something soft, flowing, and vacation-appropriate.
- Set the mood with music.
- Order food in and don’t even think about cooking or other household chores.
- Just hang out with your SO and reminisce about your favorite parts of your past vacations.
Thanks for tuning in to The Marc and Mandy Show! Leave a comment below, We’d love to hear from you!
Visit for show times and schedules.
Keep in Touch with Us… Everywhere!