Jane Lockhart shares her tips for hosting a dinner party in your kitchen:
- Prepare in advance! Have your recipes, ideas, party plans and anything you need for the evening purchased and ready ahead of time.
- Designate areas in the kitchen with their own specific purposes. Set up a bar area, a place for the water, etc.
- Prepare your appetizers in advance and set them out before guests arrive. Setting them on the dining room table will keep guests out of your way while you are trying to prepare food in the kitchen.
- Take advantage of your guests. Nominate a guest as a bartender if you don’t have the time to serve the drinks yourself, invite others to help with food preparations and give everyone something to do instead of waiting around.
- Hiring a chef to come in and cook for your party or to give an in-home cooking lesson for you and your guests can be a nice way to interact with everyone.