9 Self Defense Moves Every Woman Should Know
Being able to defend yourself in a dangerous situation will give you added confidence and these simply tips can give you the edge you need when dealing with an attacker!
1) Go for the throat if you can: It’s a sensitive area, so hit it as hard as you can. If you don’t have a lot of room to swing, press your fingers in the little crevice below the Adam’s Apple as hard as you can. It will block air to the windpipe.
2) Act angry and confident: It’s more intimidating. You may not feel brave at that point but do your best. Remember, it’s your life in danger, fight for it!
3) If you are not in flat comfortable shoes: Kick them off. Drop anything that will hamper/weigh you down.
4) Toss it: Even if they are not after your wallet, throw it aside. It will take their focus off of you for a brief moment, giving you a chance to run. A well-timed distraction could save your life.
5) Groin Area: This is a very sensitive area, especially if the attacker is male. Do whatever you can to cause them the most pain.
6) Put Up a Front: Hold your purse between you and your attacker. It may not fully stop it, but it will put a layer between you and a knife.
7) From the Back: If you are being attacked from the back, you best bet is to swing you elbow back as hard as you can. Your elbow is a hard bone and it will hurt.
8) Use the Palm Heel Strike: Place your hand in the high five position with the palm pushed forward and your fingers back. Step into your attacker and forcefully bang your palm at the top of the attacker’s nose, just below the eyes.
9) Punches: If you can throw a punch, only clench your fist at the last second. You lose a lot of power clenching through the swing.