Heart Shaped Cake
Sweet treats are the epitome of Valentine’s Day and nothing beats something that’s sweet and homemade. In this episode of The Marc and Mandy Show, Linda Peters shows Marc how to make a red velvet heart shaped cake for Valentine’s Day. To learn how to recreate this recipe and impress the pants off of your Valentine’s Day date, check out the video above or keep reading for the written instructions.
What you’ll need: red velvet cake (cake flour, baking soda, unsweetened natural cocoa powder, salt, unsalted butter, granulated sugar, vegetable oil, large eggs, pure vanilla extract, distilled white vinegar, red food coloring, buttermilk), and cream cheese icing (butter, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and red food coloring), sprinkles
Details and instructions:
- First, bake your cake layers. Once they’re baked, you’ll need to create three equal heart-shaped tiers.
- Once you’ve cut out your heart-shaped tiers, you can start icing. You’ll want a layer of red velvet on the bottom, followed by a layer of icing. Continue this pattern until you don’t have any cake left.
- To create the outside of the cake, fill a piping bag with cream cheese icing and create small swirls. Repeat the swirls until your whole cake is covered.
- To top your cake off, add some sprinkles.
- Plate and enjoy with your date!
Thanks for tuning in to The Marc and Mandy Show! Leave a comment below, We’d love to hear from you!
Visit marcandmandy.com for show times and schedules.
Keep in Touch with Us… Everywhere!
Beautiful cake – well done with that icing!
Big mistake now I want something sweet to eat.
wow that is beautiful great job on the iciing