We all know that life can be stressful enough and sometimes getting away to the cottage can be what the doctor ordered. If you’re not able to make the mini getaway, no worries. Here are a few tips and tricks from the team of licensed and registered therapists at Heartsbloom that can help minimize the overwhelming feelings of stress and anxiety when it comes a-knocking.
1. Acknowledge your emotions.
2. Pause with breath work (i.e. Box breathing 4x4x4x4.)
3. Reframe and regain your focus.
4. Be Patient with yourself.
5. Take a break, even if it’s 5 minutes.
6. Say no if you can’t do more and set healthy boundaries respectfully.
If you find yourself still feeling overwhelmed, then it might be time to talk to a licensed therapist. At Heartsbloom, we can support you through your anxieties by starting to process and understand your emotions in a safe and welcoming environment.