Having a party can be a lot of fun, until you see the mess that your guests leave behind. Melissa Maker talks a little bit about how she keeps clean up quick and easy, post party.
- Before you do anything, make sure that you start with a clean kitchen. You’re going to need it so that you can effectively process everything that’s coming your way, post-party. Your dishwasher should be empty, and your garbage can and recycling bin should be empty and on-hand.
- Be prepared. Have plenty of microfiber cloths, glass cleaner, all-purpose cleaner, and lots of paper towel on hand. That way you can clean everything up without having to reach for any extra products.
- Start in the party zone by collecting all of the garbage and recyclables and put that in the garbage bag or bin. Then use a tray to collect any service pieces, plates, cutlery, or cups. You’ll finish off by collecting anything that doesn’t belong in the party zone, like linens, or clothing.
- Next up, work on cleaning all the surfaces.Remove any dust, spills, fingerprints, or anything else your guests left behind. You can use a microfiber cloth and an all-purpose cleaner for this. Make sure you bring some glass cleaner around, as well, in case you notice anything on your mirrors.
- Another common issue post-party, is watermarks left behind on wood from guests that forgot to use coasters. A quick way to fix this is to take a little bit of mayo, apply it on that watermark, let it sit, and then wipe it off.
- Finish up by vacuuming the floors as well as your upholstery. You are likely going to have crumbs where you least expect them.