2 cups all-purpose flour
1cup granulated sugar
2 tsps baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup buttermilk
¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 apples peeled, cored and diced
oil, for frying
1/2 cups powdered sugar
4 tbsp water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat the waffle iron and cook until golden brown. Let cool and cut into segments
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, butter, eggs and vanilla. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix until just combined. Fold in the chopped apples. Do not over mix.
3. Pour 2 inches of oil in a pot for frying. Set over medium heat.
4. Do not fry more than 2 segments at a time. Fry until golden brown, about 30 seconds on each side. Transfer then to paper towel to drain.
5. Top the apple fritter waffle doughnuts with the desired amount of glaze and serve.
As seen on the Marc & Mandy Show