5 Ways to Make Your Mornings More Productive
When it comes to mornings, we’re often so busy that we forget the small steps we can take to keep our health on track for the full day ahead. While we all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day, new research shows that 37 per cent of Canadians who do eat breakfast don’t always do so at home. The good news is that they’re finding ways to grab a bite to eat even if they are on-the-go — 10 per cent eat in the car, on public transit or while walking.
Incorporating small steps into your morning routine can keep you on track toward reaching your health goals. Finding time for breakfast every morning is just one step you can take in the direction of your new year’s resolution. Here are five others:
1. Manage your energy, not your time: Exercising early in the day not only boosts brain activity and mood throughout the day — it also means you don’t have to worry about missing your workout or procrastinating later.
2. Get your daily intake: Some things go together, like breakfast and coffee. Why not make it a trio and add a multivitamin?
3. Make breakfast at night: Prepping a healthy breakfast the night before will save time and ensure you get a nutritious meal in the morning, whether you’re eating at home or at your desk.
4. Stick to your routine: No matter if your routine consists of stretching, meditating or checking Facebook, repeating the same ritual each morning tells your brain that it’s time to wake up and get moving.
5. Start on a positive note: Research shows that songs with positive lyrics and a strong beat can improve your mood and motivation, so trade in your alarm clock for your favourite upbeat playlist to set the right tone.