Blue cheese is high in calcium, making it beneficial for optimal bone health. It’s also flavourful, smooth, and creamy. If you’re a fan of blue cheese, you’ve come to the right place. In this special, food-them episode of The Marc and Mandy Show: Cooking From Home, Margaret Coons shows how to make crostinis using ‘s Super Blue Cheese.
What you’ll need: baguette, super blue cheese, pears, cloves, cinnamon, cashew butter, balsamic reduction, merlot wine, figs, arugula, olive oil, rosemary
Details and instructions:
- Slice up the baguette.
- Begin plating your dish, by creating a bed of arugula, which will add a bit of color. You can using a cutting board in lieu of a plate. Place your baguette slices on top.
- Slice up the cashew-based cheese and place a slice on top of each slice of baguette.
- Slice up the figs. Add one slice of fig to each baguette.
- Create a chutney using cloves, cinnamon, pears, and a cashew-based butter (to cook the cloves, cinnamon, and pears down). Add this chutney to each baguette.
- Pan fry some rosemary in olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. Sprinkle rosemary on each baguette.
- Top your crostinis off with a drizzle of balsamic reduction.
Thanks for tuning in to The Marc and Mandy Show! Leave a comment below, We’d love to hear from you!
Visit for show times and schedules.
Keep in Touch with Us… Everywhere!