For decades, pole dancing has had a reputation that precedes it. In the past, pole dancing has been exclusively affiliated with shady adult entertainment clubs. In recent years however, it has also become a fun, not to mention effective, form of exercise. With celebrities like Jennifer Aniston and Emma Watson admitting to having taken classes, pole dancing for exercise is steeply gaining popularity and credibility. Here are six awesome reasons why pole dancing should be your next fitness endeavor:
- It’s an effective way to loose weight. In one single class, you can burn calories equivalent to a thorough gym session. Pole dancing effectively combines strength, endurance, and flexibility training.
- It’s can improve your mood and relieve stress and anxiety. Pole dancing, like any exercise, releases those oh-so-coveted endorphins.
- It’s a great way to bond with other females.
- It’s good for joint pain. Pole dancing aids in the development of strong and healthy connective tissue and increases joint mobility, both of which helps to significantly decrease the risk of osteoporosis in women.
- It’s helps your heart. Pole dancing is considered intense aerobic training, which promotes blood flow and is ultimately great for your cardiovascular health.
- It’s fantastic for your confidence. Sure, it might take a class – (or five) – to really start feeling comfortable on the pole, but once you do, you’ll feel strong, sexy and unstoppable.